Monday, February 21, 2011

Sundress Season is Just Around the Corner!

I  had definitely planned that my next sewing project would be a wool pencil skirt I had cut out 2 weekends ago after a failed skirt attempt using the same fabric.  However that was back when it was still cold outside and working on a wool skirt made all the sense in the world.  Happily though I live in Austin where the weather is known to change minute by minute!

So who can work on wool when the weather shouts triumphantly that Sun Dress season is just around the corner?  Not me it turns out!  So when this Saturday handed out some well needed rain and much warmer temps I ran for one of several recent pattern purchases - .99 cents at JoAnn's!  A very cute Simplicity pattern for a 1960's retro dress.  I decided to use a rayon print that was also a hand-me-down freebie.

While I'm not finished with it, I am very happy with how it is turning out.  I need to put on the facing pieces for the neck and armholes, but I am already seeing it on with a cute pair of sandals as I sing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" at the top of my lungs.  "I wanna be the one to walk in the sun! Oh girls just wanna have fun!"

No comments:

Post a Comment