Sunday, February 6, 2011

Skirting a Delima

This was suppossed to be my first "real" completed sewing project of 2011.  Simplicity's It's So Easy W 2410.  Cut out and sewn up in January 2011.  It was cut out and started in January 2011, but finished Saturday, February 5, 2011.  All was going well until I hemmed it up.  Hemming gave it a permanent "bell" shape at the hemline due to the weight of the fabric.

The wool I used was given to me several years ago - so no expense there.  The pattern is CLEARLY suited for lightweight fabric AND if I had read the pattern envelope it would have confirmed what my eyeballs already knew.  AAARGGG = why do I do this kind of thing?  I want to be successful in my garment sewing endeavors and yet I take risks that I know I shouldn't.  Then get discouraged at the time and effort I put into a projectt hat is unwearable.

LESSON - READ ALL THE DIRECTIONS BEFORE STARTING!!

Sew - after sweet success finishing up the "Shopper" bag from Indygo Junction, I cut out another pattern for a pencil skirt out of my free wool.  Yes, I did read the pattern envelope first to confirm my fabric was a match for my pattern!  This is Simplicity 9825 and is my "Februray Project"  Pencil Skirt - February 2011 Project   Considering the first week of the month is already gone and I'll be working next weekend AND February is short several days...I have my work "cut" out for me!  Sew...stay tuned to see how it all turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment