Sunday, February 6, 2011

"Shopper" Bag from Indygo Junction - Finished!

I am REALLY trying hard to live up to my goal for 2011 of one completed sewing project per month.  Had cut out a skirt from a cute wool fabric that was given to me several years ago. I used Simplicity's "It's So Easy" W2410 and was doing fine until I hemmed the finished skirt, causing it to retain a permanent bell shape at the hemline - definately very unflattering! 

So...rather than completely reinvent the wheel, I decided to finish up a large, quilted tote bag I had started around Thanksgiving 2010.  IT TURNED OUT SEW CUTE!!  Even my son was impressed with the results!  So - while it wasn't a truly January 2011 project started and completed within the month of January 2011 - it will have to do for starters!


Bonus - have enough free wool left over to try the pencil skirt pattern I just bought last weekend, so on account of the Super Bowl today, I had an empty house and cut out the pattern and the skirt.  Looking forward to my next sewing adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment