Thursday, January 20, 2011

Score One for the Cook to Be!

Found my car turning into the parking lot of 1/2 Price Books this week under its own volition - - and man did I score BIG TIME! 

Mastering the Art of French Cooking Volume Two - first published in 1970 by Julia Child and Simone Beck - for $16!!  It's in mint condition.  I'm having visions of mastering the art of braising foods - tasty beef, suculent pork and moist, flavorful chicken.  I've only flipped through a few pages, most notably the meat and the bread section.  Julia is endearingly sweet in her comments of encouragement to keep pressing on if things don't turn out well the first time.....she's exactly the teacher I need since my cooking is abysmal at best-

Also found Ina Garten's book on French Cooking for $7.98!!  Is it just me or are heavenly forces trying to tell me that learning to cook French food will actually manage to teach me to cook well after all these years of avoiding it or doing it poorly.  We'll have to see!  Looking forward to trying recipes from both books.  I LOVE a great book find at a bargain price - THRILL!

No comments:

Post a Comment